Serving Charlotte, Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and More
Safety striping is a critical safety component for any warehouse or industrial space. Line striping provides not only safety and protection for employees and machinery, it helps keep facilities organized and business operating smoothly. Floor striping plays an important role in efficient
Professional installation of warehouse floor striping is critical to long term durability. Epoxies, warehouse marking paint, warehouse floor tapes, and other types of popular floor striping require proper floor preparation for sufficient adhesion in demanding warehouse and industrial environments. United Floor Coatings has the equipment and expertise necessary to ensure a long-term bond on our striping projects, ensuring that you do not have invest additional time and money into frequent re-striping or touch-up.
Whether you have a small floor striping project, or tens of thousands of feet, United Floor Coatings can provide durable, cost-effective
Epoxy Floor Striping
Epoxy floor striping is among the most durable types of striping for warehouses. Epoxy warehouse striping can be applied in a variety of ways to best accommodate your requirements for business interrupted. From basic etched surfaces for a quick turn around time, to a shotblasted surface prep profile offering better adhesion, to a fully embedded epoxy stripe, we offer a good, better, best option for any project–in fact, our embedded epoxy striping is essentially a “forever” striping solution. The coating resides embedded in the floor, so there are no raised edges that can be caught by items driving or being dragged across the floor, eliminating the chance of your striping stripping or chipping away like traditional striping solutions.
Warehouse Floor Tape
Looking for a quick, economical, or potentially temporary striping solution? Warehouse striping tape is a thick, durable tape, designed to hold up to intense warehouse environments. It can withstand forklift, palette jack, and heavy foot traffic unlike traditional tapes–offering potentially years of service before needing to be replaced.
Warehouse striping tape offers flexibility for dynamic work environments that may need temporary storage or work areas that can be easily removed later. Our professionals can properly clean and prep the floor prior to application to ensure a good bond between the tape and the substrate to prevent premature peeling.
Parking Lot Striping
Need to have your parking lot restriped? United Floor Coatings offers efficient and economical parking lot striping on concrete or asphalt surfaces. Whether you are having your parking lot striped for the first time, or your current lines have simply worn away with age, we can provide a high-millage, long-lasting parking lot striping solution for your business.
OSHA Compliant Floor Striping
There are no official OSHA safety standards pertaining to floor striping, though they do provide a number of guidelines and recommendations for striping in industrial and commercial environments. These include:
Yellow. Yellow shall be the basic color for designating caution and for marking physical hazards such as: Striking against, stumbling, falling, tripping, and “caught in between.”
[39 FR 23502, June 27, 1974, as amended at 43 FR 49748, Oct. 24, 1978; 49 FR 5322, Feb. 10, 1984; 61 FR 9227, March 7, 1996; 72 FR 71069, Dec. 14, 2007]
1910.145(f) App A
While the standard does not specifically mandate colors to be used on accident prevention tags, the following color scheme is recommended by OSHA for meeting the requirements of this section:
“DANGER” – Red, or predominantly red, with lettering or symbols in a contrasting color.
“CAUTION” – Yellow, or predominantly yellow, with lettering or symbols in a contrasting color.
“WARNING” – Orange, or predominantly orange, with lettering or symbols in a contrasting color.
“BIOLOGICAL HAZARD” – Fluorescent orange or orange-red, or predominantly so, with lettering or symbols in a contrasting color.
There are a number of floor marking layouts which fall under the OSHA guidelines. They include:
- Pedestrian walkways– Typically created using tramlines or as a solid coating. Popular colors include blue and green. Standard widths are 4 feet.
- Pedestrian stencils – These identify the passageway and are particularly useful when a passageway runs alongside a forklift aisle.
- Hatch areas – Generally colored red or yellow, these present a Non-storage zone where access is required at all times. Typically used around exits and access points.
- Fire exits – Five foot square markings with hatches, diagonal stripes and/or solid blocks help to portray the importance of keeping these areas clear. They also help operatives identify exit routes. These are generally red in color.
- Dock bays – Dock plates which create steps can be a tripping hazard to people working in these areas, a one foot wide stripe is generally recommended to be placed around the edge to highlight this hazard.
- Eye Wash & Shower Stations – For facilities with hazardous chemicals, eye wash and shower stations are often necessary. We can designate these area with floor striping to signify as a safety area. These are generally green in color.
Professional Floor Striping in North Carolina
Although striping may seem like a relatively simple task capable of being handled by internal maintenance crews, the reality is in-house striping often fails–most commonly due to insufficient prep and use of materials incapable of handling the traffic requirements of the environment. Warehouse and industrial environments need well prepared and profiled surfaces for maximum adhesion, and a product that is capable of handling heavy fork lift and cart traffic without wearing through in short order.
United Floor Coatings utilizes a variety of striping products, from heavy duty epoxies and urethanes for heavy use environments to polyaspartics in areas that must return to service quickly.
Why Choose United Floor Coatings?
- Owner Operated – Your floors are our business. We are deeply involved in every project, from initial sale to installation, we are here for you every step of the way.
- Industrial Strength Product – Our wide range of products means we have a solution for virtually any working environment. From low-traffic economical solutions, to high-millage products for demanding environments, we have a product to meet your needs.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee – We stand behind our work. If you’re not satisfied for any reason, we’ll work until you are.
- Honest, No Pressure Approach – No salesmanship, gamesmanship, or any other -ships here. Our word is our word. We believe our quality-products sell themselves, we’re just there to listen.
United Floor Coatings’ story is simple. We’re a team of family and friends. And that’s how we treat our customers – like family and friends. We come from diverse backgrounds, but we recognized an opportunity to work together, while doing things differently. We pour our very best into everything we do and we stand behind it. We think you’ll see that in our work. In fact, we guarantee it.
When you choose United Floor Coatings, you will receive a high-quality of customer service and a custom-built solution for your specific needs.